Papa Grandpa (as Ajay &Amrita called him),had a great sense of humor,no airs about him,fond of children and dogs.He was a very intelligent but very simple man.He was very fond of dogs,in 1963 there was Vikram,Vijay &the famous Nushka. Chandrika(I do not know if you had been to this house)had a big backyard,where the dogs chased the pigs out..Papa would sit in the verandah,and direct them,it was fun to watch.We would go for walks in the evening.Later on,in Bangalore, they had a dog "bozo"named after the clown in michigan TVprograms,that Ajay watched as a toddler.I heard tales of dogs he had prior to 1963 too.He loved his grandchildren,and talked to them at their level.
In september 1982,he came to spend the weekend (friday evening)before he died ,with us in Deer Park..I did not know it then,..but we were sitting &talking late into the night.I had to go to work on Saturday morning,but I did not mind.He was talking about many interesting topics.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment